Carson City Road Report for July 16-22
Submitted by admin on Sat, 07/21/2012 - 12:00am
There will be nightly lane closures on US 395 from the junction of US 50W (Spooner) to 1st Street in Minden, Sunday through Thursday, between 6:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. There will be flagger controlled traffic. Please drive with caution.
There will be work at the following locations as a result of the Freeway Landscaping Project. Traffic control may be in effect.
- North Carson Street, in the vicinity of the freeway overpass.
- Arrowhead Drive between N. Carson Street and Garnet Way.
- College Parkway in the vicinity of the Freeway.
- Lompa Lane and Russell Way, near Northridge Drive.
- US Highway 50 in the vicinity of the Freeway.
- At the Emerson Drive and Northgate Lane underpasses.
The following closures are scheduled to occur due to utility work.
- The westbound lane on Hot Springs Road and the adjacent sidewalk will be closed on Tuesday, July 24, and Wednesday, July 25. Two-way traffic will be maintained.
- The sidewalk on the west side of Retail Court will be closed between College Parkway and the freeway on Wednesday, July 25, and Thursday, July 26.
Sidewalks will be closed adjacent to the following Carson City schools due to construction projects underway at those schools.
- Fremont Elementary School
- Seeliger Elementary School
- Empire Elementary School
- Eagle Valley Middle School
Construction will occur on U.S. Highway 50 between Chaves Road and Apache Drive in Lyon County due to a widening and drainage project. Minor delays are expected.
On Friday, July 27, Third Street will be closed between Carson Street and Curry Street between 3:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. due to a special event.