Crime Log: Man arrested in Carson City for cocaine
Submitted by T. Costa on Tue, 05/29/2012 - 11:21am
Carson City Sheriff's deputies made the following felony or gross misdemeanor arrests over Memorial Day Weekend:
- Joaquin Paul Gabriel Jr., 29, an electrician from San Jose, Calif., at 10:30 p.m. Friday. Gabriel was arrested for possession of a controlled substance (cocaine), as well as misdemeanor allegations of possession of less than one ounce of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bail has been set at $4,100 plus administrative fees.
- Marc Steven Berg, 26, a Reno resident, at about 5 p.m. Saturday. Berg was arrested for a parole violation, as well as the misdemeanor allegations of failure to use a turn signal and possession of a hypodermic device (three separate allegations). No bail is set.
- Jodi Liebowitz, 30, a customer service representative from Carson City, at 10:30 p.m. Friday. Liebowitz was arrested for a probation violation. No bail has been set.
- David Edward Price, 43, a Dayton man, at 3 p.m. Friday. Price was arrested for possession of a controlled substance (meth) and a contempt of court warrant in his name, as well as the misdemeanor allegations of possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of less than one ounce of marijuana, and using a cell phone while driving. Bail is set at $53,560 plus administrative fees.
- Gary Carr, 32, a Carson City man, at 1:30 a.m. Saturday. Carr was arrested for gross misdemeanor second-offense DUI, as well as the misdemeanor allegations of driving with an open container of alcohol and driving on a revoked drivers' license. Bail is set at $3,600 plus administrative fees.
Officers also made the following misdemeanor arrests over the long weekend:
- A 22-year-old Carson City man for violation of an alternative sentence.
- A 44-year-old Carson City man for a violation of a suspended sentence warrant in his name.
- A 26-year-old Carson City man for driving without a valid driver's license.
- A 24-year-old Carson City man for driving a dirt bike within 500 feet of a residence, eluding police officers, and DUI first offense.
- A 20-year-old Carson City man for a failure to appear warrant in his name and minor consumption.
- A 64-year-old Carson City man for first-offense DUI.
- A 27-year-old Carson City man for failure to maintain a single lane and first-offense DUI.
- A 39-year-old San Jose, Calif., man for fictitious or suspended registration, not possessing a valid driver's license, and not possessing proof of insurance.
- A 23-year-old Carson City woman for hit-and-run with property damage and DUI first offense.
- A 20-year-old Carson City woman for petit larceny.
- An 18-year-old transient man for violation of a suspended sentence and petit larceny.
- A 30-year-old Carson City man for possession of marijuana.
- A 21-year-old Carson City man for contempt of court.
- A 23-year-old Carson City man for huffing.
- A 32-year-old Carson City man for riding a bicycle on a sidewalk.
- A 49-year-old Carson City woman for first-offense DUI.
- A 44-year-old Carson City man for first-offense DUI and failure to maintain a single lane.
All suspects are considered innocent until proven guilty.
OTHER INCIDENTS OF INTEREST:
- An incident occurred just prior to 6 p.m. Monday on Lovelace Way - a resident was apparently startled by another resident's dog, leading to a gun being pulled. No injuries were reported.
- Another incident occurred just prior to midnight this morning at the Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center - deputies were called to the emergency room where a victim was being treated for a stab wound. The victim refused to cooperate and the incident was reported and handed over to tribal police.