Crime Log: Carson City woman arrested after driving and using cell phone
Submitted by T. Costa on Wed, 03/28/2012 - 2:24pm
Carson City Sheriff's deputies made the following arrests for felonies from Monday afternoon:
- Lindsay Ann Hammers, 23, a fast food employee from Carson City, for a probation and parole violation. Hammers was also arrested on allegations of misdemeanor cell phone use while driving and a misdemeanor failure to appear warrant in her name. No bail has been set.
- Cheryl Bettencourt, 53, a Carson City resident, for burglary and a misdemeanor petit larceny allegation. Bail is set at $25,250 plus administrative fees.
- Alejandro Vega Carrillo, 23, a Dayton resident, for residential burglary. Bail is set at $25,000.
- Duane Edward Fielder, 52, a Carson City resident, for probation violation and a misdmeanor warrant for burglary in his name. No bail has been set.
- Kenneth Cummings, 44, a student from Carson City, for burglary. Bail has been set at $25,000.
Deputies also made the following misdemeanor arrests:
- A 23-year-old Carson City woman for two counts of probation violation.
- An 18-year-old Carson City man for violation of a suspended sentence and a failure to appear warrant in his name.
- A 57-year-old transient woman for petit larceny.
- A 20-year-old Sparks woman for two counts of possession of drug paraphernalia.
- A 27-year-old Carson City man for a probation violation.
- A 19-year-old Carson City man for possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana, and violation of bail conditions.
- A 23-year-old Dayton man for residential burglary.
- A 31-year-old Carson City man for two counts of violation of bail conditions.
- A 31-year-old Carson City man for driving under a suspended drivers' license, driving under suspended registration, and a failure to appear traffic warrant in his name.
- A 45-year-old Carson City man for a failure to appear traffic arrant in his name.
Other events of note:
- Last evening deputies responded to a call about a home invasion/residential burglary. This call resulted in the arrest of a minor.
- A 20-year-old Carson City man for violation of conditions of alternative sentencing and obstruction/resisting late Monday evening after his wife attempted to keep him from harming himself. The suspect had a hanger around his neck and repeatedly told officers he wanted "suicide by cop." The suspect was tazed.
All suspects are considered innocent until proven guilty.