Crime Log: Carson City Sheriff's Department weekend arrests
Carson City Sheriff's deputies arrested several people for felonies this weekend, among them:
- Laura Lee Carpenter, 47, an unemployed Carson City woman, just prior to 1 a.m. Saturday. Carpenter was arrested for felony allegations of possession of a controlled substance, as well as misdemeanor allegations of possession of paraphernalia and obstructing justice. Two others were arrested at this time as well: a 23-year-old Carson City man for two misdemeanor violations of a suspended sentence and one misdemeanor obstructing justice; and a 37-year-old Carson City woman for a misdemeanor allegation of obstructing justice. Bail for Carpenter is set at $3,800 plus administrative fees.
- Juan Alvarado, 23, a landscaper from Carson City, at about 9 a.m. Saturday. Alvarado was arrested for felony allegations of larceny of a motor vehicle, grand larceny, and possession of stolen property. Bail is set at $32,500.
* * * * *
Officers also made several misdemeanor arrests, including:
- a 38-year-old Carson City man for DUI, first offense.
- a 32-year-old Carson City man for a failure to appear warrant in his name.
- a 34-year-old transient man for failure to register as an ex-felon.
- a 29-year-old Carson City man for not having a valid driver's license and DUI first offense.
- a 29-year-old Carson City man for brandishing a deadly weapon and disorderly conduct.
- an 18-year-old Mound House man for minor consumption.
- a 27-year-old Carson City man for domestic battery and violating a suspended sentence.
- a 25-year-old Carson City woman for obstruction of justice.
- a 27-year-old Carson City man for violation of a suspended sentence, possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia, driving on a revoked driver's license, notice of accident, and speed too fast.
All suspects are considered innocent until proven guilty.